Experience: 4-5 years
We are looking for an Senior Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The primary focus of the individual will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. The individual will be owning up the entire Android app development from scratch. Therefore, commitment to problem-solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin/Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation.
- 2-years of experience in developing android apps.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, kotlin, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Developed and published at least 1 application in Kotlin
- Experience in working with remote data with REST API, JSON
- Knowledge about MVVM along with Jetpack Libraries, Repository pattern and Clean architecture is a huge plus
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as touch.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Prior startup experience is a plus.