Experience: 2-3 Years
We are looking for an experienced MySQL database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN